TSCA Reform News & Information
|TSCA FAQ’s||CSIA (S. 1009)||Regulatory News||Articles||Links|
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.’s (B&C®) lawyers, scientists, regulatory specialists, and business consultants relentlessly participate in and track developments regarding the ongoing TSCA reform efforts, as well as related state regulatory initiatives such as California’s Safer Consumer Products Regulations and Green Chemistry Initiative.
This page contains constantly updated links to commentary, analysis, articles, and regulatory documents to help those in the chemical and chemical products industry understand what they need to know about TSCA reform, and what it means to their business.
TSCA Reform Regulatory Developments with Commentary and Analysis by B&C
- May 20, 2015
TSCA Reform: Detailed Review of Representative Shimkus' Second Discussion Draft of TSCA Reform Legislation
- May 14, 2015
TSCA Reform: House Subcommittee Holds Markup of Revised Draft TSCA Bill and Passes Amended Draft
- May 6, 2015
TSCA Reform: Detailed Analysis of Substitute Version of Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act
- April 29, 2015
TSCA Reform: Senate Committee Holds Markup and Passes Bipartisan Substitute Bill
- April 14, 2015
TSCA Reform: House Subcommittee Holds Hearing on TSCA Modernization Act
- Read more ...
TSCA Reform Articles by B&C
- Lynn L. Bergeson, "House Releases Discussion Draft of TSCA Reform Legislation," Environmental Quality Management, Summer 2014.
- Lynn L. Bergeson, Richard A. Denison, Kathy Kinsey, Ann R. Klee, John Shimkus, Tom Udall, "TSCA Redux: Rejuvenating a Timeworn Statute," ELI Forum, May/June, 2014.
- Lynn L. Bergeson, "TSCA Reform: Do It Now, Or It May Never Be Done," ELI Forum, May/June, 2014.
- Lynn L. Bergeson, “TSCA Reform: The New State of Play,” Environmental Quality Management, Winter 2013.
- Lynn L. Bergeson, “The Chemical Safety Improvement Act,” Pollution Engineering, August 1, 2013.
- Read more ...
TSCA Reform Links
- “EPA’s Chemical Management Program” including updates on TSCA Reform. May 7, 2014 presentation by Jim Jones, Assistant Administrator, Office of Chemical Safety & Pollution Prevention, EPA.
- American Bar Association TSCA Reform web page. Includes five white papers on TSCA: (1) Overview of TSCA; (2) Trade Secret and Confidential Business Information Briefing Paper; (3) Preemption of Private Rights of Action Under TSCA and TSCA Legislation Briefing Paper; (4) Standard for Taking Regulatory Action Under TSCA (“Safety Standard”) Briefing Paper; and (5) Preemption of State Laws and Regulations Briefing Paper.
- U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee, Environment and the Economy Subcommittee website.