B&C Will Host ABA Quick Teleconference on FTC’s Proposed Green Guides
We are pleased to announced that Lynn L. Bergeson will moderate a “quick teleconference” program sponsored by the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources entitled “Selling Green: A Concise Overview of the FTC’s Proposed Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims.” The November 16, 2010, teleconference will explore the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) proposed revisions to its Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims (Green Guides), consider the reasoning behind the FTC’s decision to propose them as it did, and discuss the legal, practical, and business competition issues that arise with application of the Green Guides in the real world. Speakers include:
- Anne Johnson, Director, Sustainable Packaging Coalition;
- Laura Koss, FTC; and
- Beth L. Laws, Assistant General Counsel and Vice President for International Affairs, Consumer Specialty Product Association.
There are two ways to participate in this program, either attending a host site location or individual dial-in. Participation at a host site location is free of charge for ABA members, and $110 for non-members. Registration with the host site contact is required, however:
- Austin, Texas: Brown McCarroll, L.L.P., 111 Congress Ave., Suite 1400. RSVP: Keith Hopson, (512) 479-9735 or email@example.com;
- Bloomfield Hills, Michigan: Butzel Long, Stoneridge West, 41000 Woodward Ave. RSVP: Beth S. Gotthelf, (248) 258-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Washington, D.C.: Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C), 1203 Nineteenth St., NW, Suite 300. RSVP: Chad Howlin, (202) 557-3816 or email@example.com.
More information is available online.