2017 Conference Will Focus on New Tools and Approaches for Nanomaterial Safety Assessment
On February 7-9, 2017, a conference focused on new tools and approaches for nanomaterial safety assessment will be held in Malaga, Spain. The conference is jointly organized by five major Seventh Research Framework Program (FP7) projects: NANOSOLUTIONS, GUIDEnano, Sustainable Nanotechnologies (SUN), NanoMILE, and eNanoMapper. It will present the main results achieved in the course of the projects, fostering a discussion about their impact in the nanosafety field and possibilities for future research programs. Conference topics will include:
- Hazard assessment along the life cycle of nano-enabled products;
- Exposure assessment along the life cycle of nano-enabled products;
- Risk assessment and management;
- Systems biology approaches in nanosafety;
- Categorization and grouping of nanomaterials;
- Nanosafety infrastructure; and
- Safe by design.
The conference will conclude with a stakeholder workshop that will provide a platform for an open discussion with interested stakeholders that could guide the research needs addressed in future projects. The conference welcomes consortium partners from the organizing projects, as well as representatives from other European Union projects, industry and government, civil society, and media.