B&C Seeks Financial Controller
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is seeking a controller to join our law firm and affiliated consulting and consortia management firms with offices in the U.S. and UK. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. location. Applicants must be Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and be experienced with law firm financial management. This position will be responsible for financial oversight firm-wide, annual budgets, and management of day-to-day accounting and finance functions. The position will report to the Managing Partner and work closely with firm operations and administrative staff and the firm’s outside tax team.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and CPA required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting or responsible financial leadership roles in professional firm such as an accounting firm, law firm, or financial services firm;
- Proven superior knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and control principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with legal and accounting software, including Aderant, Quickbooks, and Paychex;
- Ability to manage assigned work to ensure timely completion, including coordination with firm professionals and outside service providers;
- Self-directed with strong project management skills;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to oversee the work of others; and
- Excellence in financial analysis and understanding of budgeting procedures, controlling costs, and providing timely and useful reporting to the management team.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and execution of entire accounting cycle, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and collections;
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting closing processes;
- Identify, advise, and resolve accounting/billing errors and discrepancies;
- Monitor cash positions and prepare cash forecasts for partners;
- Manage benefits and pension plans, ensuring compliance with regulations;
- Prepare financial analyses and documentation as requested by management team and tax team;
- With management team, prepare annual budget and monitor performance against budget; and
- Create and streamline current processes and procedures, and ensure appropriate internal systems and controls are implemented and maintained.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is a highly-regarded Washington, D.C. law firm that helps companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. More information is available at our website: www.lawbc.com.
B&C hires professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best, we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
Our LEED-certified Washington, D.C. location has a complimentary fitness facility and is convenient to Metro (Foggy Bottom station), the George Washington University campus, and a wide variety of markets and restaurants.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented communities. Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- Your salary requirements;
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements; and
- An illustration of your own competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.