Border Security: EPA’s Increased FIFRA Import Enforcement Initiative
March 12, 2015
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (EDT)
This webinar has occurred. For copies of presentation materials contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is pleased to host a complimentary webinar on recent compliance and enforcement issues regarding the importation of pesticides under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) 2014 revisions to its Notice of Arrival (NOA) form (EPA Form 3540-1), coupled with EPA’s increasing scrutiny of pesticide imports, indicate that this is an issue of growing interest to EPA and could result in a rise of enforcement cases or, at a minimum, business disruption for shipments that are refused entry.
This webinar will highlight recent developments and suggest steps importers should take to ensure compliance and avoid potential enforcement.
Topics will include:
- Requirements for importation of registered and unregistered pesticides
- Revised NOA “recommendations” and “optional” sections — what they really mean
- EPA’s recent enforcement priority on pesticide importations and examples of EPA and U.S. Customs detentions of imported pesticides
- Industry perspective and steps to avoid non-compliance
- Eileen B. Salathé Gernhard, Lead Counsel, Regulatory and EH&S at Dow AgroSciences, LLC
- Lisa M. Campbell, Partner, B&C
- Lisa R. Burchi, Of Counsel, B&C
- Jon Jacobs, a 25-year veteran of EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, now in private practice with Jacobs Stotsky PLLC
For questions regarding this webinar, please contact email@example.com.
B&C is a Washington D.C. law firm focusing on conventional, biobased, and nanoscale industrial, agricultural, and specialty chemical product regulation and approval, and associated business matters. B&C’s pesticide practice includes registration and reregistration, product defense, compliance, marketing, data protection and compensation, risk and exposure assessment, and Food and Drug Administration (FDA)/FIFRA/Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) jurisdictional issues. Stay up-to-date on developments regarding pesticides and pesticide products by following B&C’s Pesticide Law and Policy Blog, or visiting the B&C FIFRA Regulatory Developments webpage.