Career Opportunity: B&C Consortia Management Manager
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) is seeking a manager to join our consortia management firm B&C® Consortia Management, L.L.C. (BCCM). This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. location, although telework arrangements may be considered for the right candidate in the greater Washington, D.C. area. The successful candidate will report to BCCM’s Vice President, and will provide administrative, financial, communication, research, and advocacy support to assigned BCCM consortia.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in chemistry, biology, environmental science, or public policy preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience, preferably in trade association or group management;
- Experience in chemical regulatory compliance preferred;
- Proven superior project management skills;
- Ability to manage competing priorities to ensure timely completion, with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; and
- Confidence, flexibility, and emotional intelligence.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative management support of consortia activities: arranging meetings and calls, preparing bylaws, recruiting members, tracking projects, and keeping records;
- Financial management duties: maintaining budgets, coordinating dues and vendor payments, and assisting accounting with tax and financial statement preparation;
- Researching and tracking significant regulatory, scientific, and legal issues pertinent to the consortium’s needs and long-term goals;
- Coordinating and monitoring testing activities, including preparing requests for proposals and negotiating contracts with laboratories;
- Developing product defense strategies, including: drafting press releases and related documents, formulating responses to media and other inquiries, and preparing question and answer documents;
- Setting up and maintaining alerts on chemicals or issues of concern for consortia and highlighting same to membership in a timely manner; and
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., government agencies, other association groups, non-governmental organizations).
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is a highly-regarded Washington, D.C. law firm that helps companies that make and use chemicals and products with chemical components commercialize their innovations, maintain compliance, and achieve competitive advantage as they market their products throughout the world. More information is available at our website: www.lawbc.com.
B&C hires professionals who are passionate about what we do and how we serve our clients. We understand that to be the best, we must hire the best and remove all obstacles to success. Our philosophy is to offer salary and benefits to ensure you need only worry about the important work for our clients.
Our LEED-certified Washington, D.C. location has a complimentary fitness facility and is convenient to Metro (Foggy Bottom station), the George Washington University campus, and a wide variety of markets and restaurants.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented communities. Your submission must include a resume and cover letter with:
- Your salary requirements;
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements; and
- An illustration of your own competencies and abilities relative to the requirements of this role.
For consideration, please supply your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by April 23, 2018.