Chemical Watch Offers Complimentary Webinar Series on “The New TSCA”
Register Today For “The New TSCA — Overview and Summary of Major Changes: What to Expect and When to Expect It”
Monday June 13, 2016
8:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time / 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time / 4:00 p.m. British Summer Time
- Lynn L. Bergeson, Managing Partner, Bergeson & Campbell P.C.
- Richard A. Denison, Ph.D., Lead Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
- Charles M. Auer, Charles Auer & Associates, LLC, former Director of the Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- James V. Aidala, Senior Government Affairs Consultant, Bergeson & Campbell P.C., former EPA Assistant Administrator for Toxics
With passage by unanimous consent voice vote of the U.S. Senate of the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act on June 7, 2016, this bill that profoundly alters the regulation of industrial chemicals in the U.S. under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) has cleared all hurdles and will be signed into law by President Obama within days.
All chemical stakeholders doing business in the U.S., as well as foreign entities with business interests in the U.S., will need to understand the fundamental shifts in requirements, and the new concepts and approaches that are introduced by the law.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) has collaborated with Chemical Watch in assembling an impressive faculty of TSCA experts representing the perspectives of industry, environmental organizations, and U.S. Federal and State regulatory authorities to present a series of complimentary webinars titled “‘The New TSCA’ — What You Need to Know.”
The first webinar will provide an overview of the new law and major changes to TSCA. Later webinars will provide a deeper dive into how and when TSCA programs will change and adapt to “New TSCA.”
The New TSCA Webinar 1 — Overview and Summary of Major Changes:
What to Expect and When to Expect It
Date: June 13, 2016, 8:00 a.m. PDT, 11:00 a.m. EDT, 4:00 p.m. BST
Price: Complimentary — click here to register
- Key terms needing legal interpretation
- Chemical prioritization
- Pace of existing chemical reviews
- Changes to new chemicals process
- Implementation deadlines
- “Sound science”
Additional webinars in this TSCA series:
Webinar 2: Impacts on new and existing chemicals programs (sections 4, 5 and 6)
Webinar 3: Information and reporting (sections 8 and 14)
Webinar 4: Other provisions — PBTs, Preemption, Green/Sustainable Chemistry
Dates and registration links for the webinars above will be circulated in the coming weeks.