December 1, 2013: Fast Approaching Deadline to Train Employees under OSHA GHS Ruling
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rule aligning its Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) became effective on May 25, 2012. The rule includes a December 1, 2013, deadline for employee training on safety data sheets (SDS), which is fast approaching.
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. offers comprehensive global solutions for complying with GHS regulations:
- Substance classification to conform with GHS;
- SDS preparation and/or review to ensure compliance;
- Label formulation for GHS compliance;
- GHS training;
- GHS program development and strategic consulting;
- European Union Classification, Labeling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation services;
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) services; and
- OSHA HCS services.