DOE Announces Launch Of The 2020 Tibbetts Awards Program
On January 21, 2020, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs Office announced the launch of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Tibbetts Awards. The Tibbetts Awards recognize companies, organizations, and individuals exemplifying the best of the best in the SBIR and STTR programs. Named after the founder of the SBIR program, Roland Tibbetts, the awards also help DOE to document the economic, technical, and societal benefits from SBIR/STTR funding. Nominees can consist of an individual, a company, or an organization that promotes the mission and goals of the SBIR/STTR programs. The mission and goals include:
- Stimulation of technological innovation;
- Work with small businesses to meet federal development needs;
- Encouragement of diverse participation in innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Increase of private sector commercialization of innovations derived research and development (R&D); and
- Foster technology transfer through cooperative R&D between small businesses and research institutions.
Nominations are open through February 21, 2020, and can be submitted via this website.