DOE SBIR/STTR Programs Office Announces FOA Topics For FY 2021
On July 13, 2020, DOE’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs Office (SBIR/STTR Programs Office) issued topics for its FY 2021 SBIR/STTS Phase I Release 1 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA). The topics are available online. DOE participating program offices include the Office of Science’s (SC) Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR), Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES), Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER), and Office of Nuclear Physics (NP). DOE SBIR/STTR will hold a webinar on August 14, 2020, to discuss the FOA and application process, as well as important changes to the SBIR and STTR programs for 2021. Important upcoming dates include:
- August 31, 2020 – Letter of Intent (LOI) Due;
- September 21, 2020 – Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided;
- October 13, 2020 – Application Due;
- January 4, 2021 – Award Notification; and
- February 16, 2021 – Start of Grant Budget Period.
The 2021 important dates are subject to change.