FDLI and PEN Will Cosponsor First Annual Conference on Nanotechnology Law, Regulation, and Policy
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies (PEN) will hold a conference on February 28-29, 2008, on “Nanotechnology Law, Regulation and Policy.” Questions addressed during the conference will include:
- How is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) going to implement its Nanotechnology Task Force Report?
- How is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) going to deal with nanotech issues in the workplace?
- Is Congress ready to act on nanotechnology if federal regulators don’t?
- What first and second generation nanotechnology products are already on the market, and what’s to come?
- Do Europe and Asia approach nanotechnology safety and oversight differently than the United States?
- When it comes to nanotechnology, should size make a regulatory difference?