IBA Agriculture and Food Section Announces Annual Conference Sessions on Antimicrobial Resistance and Biodiversity
The International Bar Association (IBA) Agriculture and Food Section (AFS) is sponsoring two sessions at the IBA Annual Conference Paris 2023, covering the increase in antimicrobial resistance (AMR) as it impacts global food security and ways to protect biodiversity through legal instruments.
Antimicrobial resistance regulation in the context of one health: how legislation can help reduce AMR, Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (CET), AFS is lead sponsor.
This session will explore the legal and policy challenges of preventing the increase of AMR while feeding a growing world population and meeting global food security concerns. Speakers include:
- Philippe Becquet, International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF), Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Gilles Boin, Qolumn, Paris, France
- Carmen Bullon, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Rome, Italy
- Christoph Neumann, CropLife International, Brussels, Belgium
Biodiversity — our life source, not just a resource: new legal instruments to protect and restore, Thursday, November 2, 2023, 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. (CET), AFS is co-sponsor.
This session will discuss how biodiversity can be protected amidst economic drivers, lawsuits, and extractive industries. Speakers include:
- Juliette Bril, Fairway Avocats, Paris, France
- Dörte Fouquet, Becker Büttner Held, Hamburg, Germany
- Pooven Moodley, Natural Justice, Cape Town, South Africa
- Dr. Pia Sethi,Centre for Ecology Development and Research, Gurugram, Haryana, India
Registration for IBA Paris is open now. The AFS focuses on the complex law and policy issues invited by the imperative to feed the planet, to do so equitably, and to do so effectively in a time of climate change and during/post a global pandemic. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the AFS.