Informational Webinar on DOE’s Clean Fuels & Products ShotTM: Alternative Sources of Carbon-Based Products Will Be Held November 28, 2023
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will hold an informational webinar on November 28, 2023, about its Clean Fuels & Products Shot: Alternate Sources for Carbon-Based Products. During the webinar, a panel of DOE experts will provide information on how the Clean Fuels & Products Shot initiative fits into DOE’s broader Energy Earthshots™ portfolio. They will discuss how DOE works with industry, academia, and national labs on research, development, demonstration, and deployment of technologies to decarbonize the fuel and chemical industry. The presentation will conclude with a question and answer session. Speakers will include:
- Devinn Lambert, DOE Office of the Under Secretary for Science and Innovation;
- Jay Fitzgerald, DOE Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO);
- Felicia Lucci, DOE Industrial Efficiency & Decarbonization Office;
- Emily Connor, DOE Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management; and
- Todd Anderson, DOE Office of Science.
The Clean Fuels & Products Shot is the seventh initiative in DOE’s Energy Earthshots portfolio. It focuses on decarbonizing the fuel and chemical industry through alternative sources of carbon to advance cost-effective technologies with a minimum of 85 percent lower greenhouse gas emissions by 2035.