Karen L. Lorusso
Karen L. Lorusso, Regulatory Consultant with Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®), is a highly experienced product safety professional who has led many complex global hazard communication and regulatory compliance projects, both as in-house staff and as a consultant serving global chemical and chemical product producers. Ms. Lorusso’s areas of expertise include U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS), Canada’s Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), the European Union’s (EU) Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation, UK REACH, South American hazard communication requirements, implementation of KKDIK (Kimyasalların Kaydı, Değerlendirilmesi, İzni ve Kısıtlanması), and those of the Pacific Rim, including Australia, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, and Indonesia.
- Supported a global labeling solution for a large chemical company, including regionally compliant labels in Asia, South America, the United States, and the EU.
- Supported a large company-wide integration across multiple Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and provided hands-on support in the classification of thousands of chemicals under various classification criteria.
- Assisted multiple companies to become compliant with the pre-registration phase of the South Korea amendment to the Act on Registration and Evaluation of Chemical Substances (K-REACH).
- Assisted multiple companies in developing compliant registration dossiers for the EU regulation under REACH.
- Assessed and revised SDSs and labels for products marketed globally.
- Assisted clients to address chemical registration in multiple jurisdictions, including the EU, South Korea, Turkey, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
- Assisted clients in preparing SDSs in all jurisdictions in which products are marketed.