Lisa M. Campbell
Lisa M. Campbell founded Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) with Lynn L. Bergeson. Today her practice focuses on many aspects of pesticide and chemical regulation. She counsels clients on a wide range of issues pertaining to exposure and risk assessment, risk communication, and related legal and regulatory aspects of pesticide programs under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). She also counsels B&C clients on various chemical-specific programs under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) as well as chemicals regulation and compliance matters under other environmental statutes.
- Assisted a large pesticide manufacturer over multiple years ensuring that a product remains registered for critical pesticide uses despite Reregistration Eligibility Decisions that called for elimination of those uses. Efforts involved ensuring that EPA considered adequately an extensive database concerning potential product effects and helping the client steer the product through multiple agency processes intended to review various issues related to the product.
- Assisted a coalition of pesticide manufacturers in EPA’s review of fumigant registrations and EPA’s implementation of a broad array of new regulatory requirements relating to fumigants, many of which were the first of their kind applied to pesticide products.
- Assisted a client in successfully steering through EPA one of the first Microbial Commercial Activity Notices (MCAN) to be filed. This required extensive technical input, expertise, and coordination and addressing with EPA some issues that were cases of first impression for both EPA and industry with regard to MCANs.
- Assisted a client in obtaining the first EPA revocation of a pesticide registration of a competitor that was obtained based on false information submitted to EPA.
- Assists clients in negotiating unique data compensation agreements and arrangements that are tailored to particular commercial needs.
- Assisted a client in obtaining an arbitration award that for the first time took into account a “risk premium” factor, which has become a consideration in subsequent data compensation negotiations and arbitrations.
Articles and Writings
Lynn L. Bergeson, Charles M. Auer, Co-Editors; Timothy D. Backstrom, Lisa R. Burchi, Lisa M. Campbell, Sheryl L. Dolan, Richard E. Engler, Ph.D., Margaret R. Graham, Oscar Hernandez, Ph.D., Carla N. Hutton, Kathleen M. Roberts, Contributing Authors, New TSCA: A Guide to the Lautenberg Chemical Safety Act and Its Implementation, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (2017).
Lynn L. Bergeson, Editor; Bethami Auerbach, Lynn L. Bergeson, Lisa R. Burchi, Lisa M. Campbell, Sheryl L. Dolan, Ruth C. Downes-Norriss, Carla N. Hutton, Leslie S. MacDougall, Henry M. Jacoby, Kathleen M. Roberts, Contributing Authors, Global Chemical Control Handbook: A Guide to Chemical Management Programs, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (2014).
Lynn L. Bergeson, Lisa M. Campbell, and Lisa R. Burchi, The TSCA Basic Practice Book, ABA (2000).
Lynn L. Bergeson, Lisa M. Campbell, Cara Jablon, Ph.D., and Eileen Salathé Gernhard, The FIFRA Basic Practice Book, ABA, 2000.
“WEBINAR — FIFRA Hot Topics,” Bergeson & Campbell, P.C., (April 20, 2022).
“New Developments in Pesticide Law and Policy,” ABA SEER and CropLife America, (November 18, 2020).
“FIFRA Enforcement & Compliance,” ABA SEER and CropLife America New Developments in Pesticide Law and Policy Conference, Washington D.C. (May 8, 2018).
“WEBINAR — FIFRA Hot Topics,” Bloomberg BNA and Bergeson & Campbell, P.C., (April 10, 2018).