Meibao Zhuang, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist/Regulatory Consultant
Meibao Zhuang, Ph.D. is a Senior Scientist and Regulatory Consultant with Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®). Dr. Zhuang offers clients in-depth scientific knowledge and exceptional skills in developing global and regional regulatory strategies honed over a 20-year career as a researcher, project leader, product developer, stewardship strategist, and global regulatory leader with Corteva Agriscience (Corteva) and Dow AgroSciences LLC (Dow). Dr. Zhuang holds a Ph.D. in Environmental Toxicology, and Masters and Bachelors degrees in Entomology and Genetics. Fluent in English and Mandarin, Dr. Zhuang provides expert, business-sensitive solutions for multinational regulatory compliance in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Prepares regulatory strategy and data development plans to guide clients in making strategic decisions for the next phase of pesticide product development and commercialization strategy.
- Prepares new pesticide product submission packages and assists clients in negotiating with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to obtain timely approval of products.
- Prepared regulatory dossier and other submission documents for an international client to list its new drug excipient products on the National Medical Products Administration website for China market access.
- Provides technical and regulatory support to multiple international companies for new chemical substance registration/notification and post market compliance requirements in China.
- Assists clients on comment preparation and engagement with EPA and the FDA on the use of a high-profile chemical product.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) Texas Chapter
Articles and Writings
Herman, R., Zhuang, M., Storer, N., Cnudde, F., and Delaney, B. Risk-only assessment of genetically engineered crops is risky. Trends in Plant Science, 24(1): 58-68 (2018).
Guttikonda, S., Marri, P., Mammadov, J., Ye, L., Soe, K., Richey, K., Cruse, J., Zhuang, M., Gao, Z., Evans, C., Rounsley, S., and Kumpatla, S. Molecular characterization of transgenic events using next generation sequencing approach. PLOS ONE 11(2): e0149515. doi:10.1371 (2016).
Herman, R., Song, P., and Zhuang, M. Safety risks of cryptic reading frames and gene disruption due to crop transgenesis: What are the odds? GM Crops 2(1): 4-6 (2011).
Wright, T., Shan, G., Walsh, T., Lira, J., Cui, C., Song, P., Zhuang, M., Arnold, N., Lin, G., Yau, K., Russell, S., Cicchillo, R., Peterson, M., Simpson, D., Zhou, N., Ponsamuel, J., and Zhang, Z. Robust crop resistance to broadleaf and grass herbicides provided by aryloxyalkanoate dioxygenase Trangenes. PNAS. 107(47): 20240-20245 (2010).