Todd J. Stedeford, Ph.D., DABT®, ERT, ATS
Todd J. Stedeford delivers exceptional legal acumen and scientific experience to firm clients developed over a 20-plus year career spanning international laboratory research; corporate and federal legal appointments; industry health, safety, and environment (HS&E) positions; and scientific leadership of U.S. federal agencies. Dr. Stedeford most recently served as Senior Science Advisor/Senior Leader, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Other positions Dr. Stedeford has held at EPA include Acting Chief, Chemical Risk and Reporting Enforcement Branch, Waste and Chemical Enforcement Division, Office of Civil Enforcement (OCE); and Chief of Assessment Branch 2 for New and Existing Chemicals, Risk Assessment Division, OPPT.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Fellow, Academy of Toxicological Sciences
- Diplomate, American Board of Toxicology
- Registered, European Registry of Toxicologists
- Member, Society of Toxicology
- Advisory Board Member, Center for Alternative Animal Testing (CAAT), Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 2019 – 2021
- Co-Chair, Science and Technology Committee, Section on Environment, Energy, and Resources (SEER), American Bar Association, 2012 – 2014
- Member, Ocular and Dermal Irritation Working Group, Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods (ICCVAM), National Toxicology Program Interagency Center for the Evaluation of Alternative Toxicological Methods (NICEATM), 2017
- Co-Chair, Risk Assessment/Risk Management Task Group 3, Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) Initiative, EPA, Health Canada, and Environment Canada, 2012 – 2014
Articles and Writings
Richard E. Engler, Ph.D., and Todd J. Stedeford, Ph.D., DABT®, ERT, ATS, “What are the key elements and likely impact of the EPA’s proposed rule for methylene chloride?,” Chemical Watch, June 21, 2023.