SweNanoSafe Launches Free Web Tool to Help Register Nanomaterials under REACH
On May 16, 2019, the Swedish National Platform for Nanosafety (SweNanoSafe) announced the availability of eREACHNano, “a new web tool focused on helping small and medium-sized companies that may lack sufficient in-house expertise on the regulation covering nanomaterials.” The web tool explains the data requirements for nanoforms according to the guideline documents of the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation, including:
- Definition of nanomaterials;
- Types of nanomaterials;
- Overview of nanomaterial-specific annexes to existing REACH guidance;
- Chemical and physical characterization of nanomaterials;
- Testing of nanomaterials; and
- Exposure and risk assessment of nanomaterials.
SweNanoSafe notes that the December 2018 amendments clarifying the information requirements for nanomaterials have not yet been included. The information requirements will apply beginning January 1, 2020. The information requirements will be included in a subsequent version of the web tool to be launched later in 2019.